Medicaid Renewal 2023
At the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, the federal government declared a public health emergency (PHE). During this period Medicaid renewal process stopped. The PHE is coming to an end and the state will restart Medicaid renewals. To qualify for continued coverage, you may need to fill out a renewal form.
What is Medicaid renewal?
Medicaid renewal is also called Medicaid redetermination or Medicaid recertification. A renewal is when Michigan Department of Health & Human Services (MDHHS) checks to see if you’re still eligible for free or low-cost Medicaid coverage.
How do I renew my Medicaid eligibility?
You will be sent a form from MDHHS in the next 3 months.
What you can do now?
- Update your address, phone number, and email address now.
- Report any changes to your household or income now.
- Check your mail or text messages for a renewal packet.
To update your contact information
- Online: www.michigan.gov/mibridges
- In Person: Your local MDHHS office.
Muskegon MDHHS Office: 2700 Baker Street, Muskegon MI 49444
- By Phone: 1-844-464-3447
If you’re an HCC patient and have further questions please call: 231-733-6941
Call the Beneficiary Help Line at 1-800-642-3195 or 1-844-464-3447 (TTY: 1-866-501-5656), Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Alternative Medicaid Names
- Meridian Health Plan of Michigan
- Priority Medicaid
- Molina Medicaid
- United HealthCare Community Plan
- Blue Cross Complete
Good Faith Estimate
You have the right to receive a “Good Faith Estimate” explaining how much your medical care will cost.
Under the law, health care providers need to give patients who do not have insurance or who are not using insurance, an estimate of the bill for medical items and services.
- You have the right to receive a Good Faith Estimate for the total expected cost of any non-emergency items or services. This includes related costs like medical tests, prescription drugs, equipment, and hospital fees.
- If you schedule an appointment at least 3 business days in advance, make sure your health care provider gives you a Good Faith Estimate in writing. You can also ask your health care provider, and any other provider you choose, for a Good Faith Estimate before you schedule an appointment.
- If you receive a bill that is at least $400 more than your Good Faith Estimate, you can dispute the bill.
- Make sure to save a copy or picture of your Good Faith Estimate.
For questions or more information about your right to a Good Faith Estimate, visit www.cms.gov/nosurprises.
Important Insurance Notice
If you are a patient with a WellCare insurance plan, please read this notice: Wellcare Letter 9-3-2021_Final
Hackley Community Care (HCC) participates with most insurance companies. Please call 231-733-6750 for more information.
Sliding Fee Scale
We ask that you be prepared to pay any copayments or deductibles at the time of service. We will send you an itemized statement for any fees not covered by your insurance. Payment arrangements may also be made with our billing staff. Call 231-733-6607 for assistance.
We will bill your auto insurance and request payment be sent to us. Please bring your auto insurance name, address, telephone number, contact person and claim number.
Billing and Insurance FAQs
You can address all billing and insurance questions to our Billing Department by dialing 231-733-6607. This information is also found under “Contact Information” on our website.
Payment options may be available to you. Your income will be assessed at your first appointment to see if you are eligible for our Sliding Fee Scale program. This program is based on your income and family size; please have this information available at your visit. The Sliding Fee Scale offers you a reduced fee for medical, dental, and pharmacy services. Hackley Community Care has also made special arrangements to provide limited optometry, x-ray, lab, and many other hospital services at a reduced fee for your convenience. Please contact our Patient Coordinator at 231-733-6750 for further information about your options.
Contact our Outreach Coordinator at 231-733-6614 for information on qualifying for special assistance. If you are already on our Sliding Fee Program or don’t qualify for our Sliding Fee Program, please contact our billing and insurance department at 231-733-6607 for possible payment plan arrangements.